Under supervision of the Deputy Chief of Police, provides assistance to children and other pedestrians in crossing at specified streets along school routes; and performs related work as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assembles children and other pedestrians behind curb lines awaiting traffic lulls or signal changes.
· Stops traffic and escorts pedestrians into the street allowing them to cross safely.
· Instructs children in proper procedures for safe street crossing.
· Reports students who do not adhere to safe street crossing procedures to appropriate school officials.
· Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
· A minimum of 18 years of age
· High School Diploma or GED
· Valid Illinois Driver’s License
· Illinois Rules of the Road
· Ability to communicate with children and adults effectively
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Must possess stamina to stand for long periods of time; mobility to escort pedestrians across streets; ability to work out of doors in all weather conditions and with exposure to traffic; vision to read printed materials and license plates; and hearing and speech to communicate in person.
Hours & Compensation:
This is a part-time position. Crossing Guards are on duty between 7:40 am – 8:35 am and again between 2:40 pm and 3:30 pm. The hourly rate for this position is $12.50.
Send resume and cover letter to Charles Meyer, Assistant to the Village Manager, 6900 North Lincoln Avenue, Lincolnwood, IL 60712, or email: email@example.com. Electronic submission preferred. The position will remain open until filled.