Ludwig and Company, an Illinois property management firm is seeking to fill 2 maintenance technician positions.One position will be assigned to our 286 apartment community located in Richton Park, IL. The other position will provide maintenance services to our 86 single family rental homes protfolio located in and nearby Richton Park, IL.
Under the direction of the maintenance supervisor, the tech is responsible for timely completion of routine repairs, maintenance requests, and work order throughout the community.
* Ensures all make-ready repairs and services are completed correctly and on schedule.
* Assess and repair issues including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, appliances, and interiors. Must be able to perform plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, dry wall repairs and snow removal.
* perform preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
* Conduct interior and exterior rounds to ensure proper functioning of systems and equiptment, structure integrity of buildings, conditions of grounds , etc.
* Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenence, repairs, work orders, work-in-progress, apartment make-ready status, etc.
* Provide excellent customer service to residents and staff.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Some travel required.
* On call rotation required.
* High school Diploma or GED equivalent required.
* One to three years experience in general maintenance of large apartment complex.
* Trade school certificate(s) in electrical, plumbing, maintenance preferred.
* Solid knowledge of general maintenance and repairs. Experience in HVAC, plumbing, refrigeration, electrical, painting, carpentry, dry wall.
* Excellent customer service and effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
* Valid Drivers License.
Please respond by e-mail with your resume and contact information to schedule an interview: firstname.lastname@example.org