Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collect and organize check requests, receivers and invoices to prepare for data entry.
• Collect and organize incoming mail. Notify responsible parties of any invoices that need to be processed into purchasing system.
• Date stamp all A/P paperwork including check requests, receivers, bills of ladings, packing slips, receipts, invoices, and any other relevant attachments.
• Data process invoices in purchasing system and AP system accurately and efficiently, while auditing the invoices against purchase orders to identify discrepancies such as price variances, weight entry errors, and G/L account code errors.
• Work with the Accounting, Receiving and Purchasing departments to resolve discrepancies.
• Review invoice entries for accuracy and proper documentation, then proof invoice batches in AP system and turn in for posting.
• Keep good communication with internal and external personnel to ensure all invoices have been received and entered.
• Organize checks and invoices to prepare for scanning and storage.
• Scan checks and invoices into storage software.
• Maintain accounting files.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma.
• Prior data entry experience.
• Strong math skills.
• Experience with computer software including Excel and Word a plus.
• Possess the cognitive ability to identify potential problem areas from information presented.
• Ability to communicate with Team members and guests.
• Ability to be a TEAM player.
• Ability to successfully fulfill the pre-employment process.
• Ability to work flexible shifts and days of the week including holidays.
• Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licensing.